Saturday, June 18, 2005

Call fom the call center.....

well the last post might have potrayed me a boffin but believe me ...i am just a normal guy..with not so normal heart and completely abnormal attitude. Anyways this post is not meant to write abstract stuff, lemme tell you about me, things which are more concrete.
I was searching for something to write about...life has come to a standstill all of a sudden, so all I am doing right now is just trying to kill some time, as my earliest joining date has still 1.5 months to go. And since i don't like sitting kicking my toes all the time, I decided to have some fun........so i decided to send my resume to one of the call centers.....so just applied online.
After few days I did get a call on phone....

mummy: johny come...some girl on phone. (with some puzzled look on her face...because not many call me :-)).

ladyqs1: hello is this Prabhakar Lakhera?
Means1: Yeah this is Prabhakar. (I am pretty sure she already had the answer.)

ladyqs2: It's in response to your apllication for XYZ....can you describe yourself.
( i really don't like the word describe...it makes you feel as if you are nothing but some mathematical equation...i know some ppl who are Y axis and some who are, x^2+y^2+z^2=r^2, physically but i think for my shape i'll have to use splines...but then as i thought it was about telling her who am I!!...why can't they just say:"Can you tell us something about yourself?").
Means2: hey I think most of the acad things are on the resume that i mailed you guys..and my name too... my hobbies too..... so what exactly do you want know.....

ladyqs3: Just assume I know nothing about you...tell me your name...and go on.(lolz...Whom she was asking on phone then?? it reminds me of the famous dialogue from Sholay when Amitabh says: "Basanti tumahraaa... naam kya hai?"....first the "Describe" thing and then the stupid idea..i was really not feeling very great..).
Means3: Okay ( ..buhaann :-((,..) I am Prabhakar Lakhera, and I did my B.E. from NSIT, Delhi. My stream was ICE. I am a deadliner and try to finish my work before the deadline comes ..so that i can go through the things i have done and see that there are no mistakes....and (now i really broke down.... ) ...and blah blah blah!!!! I mean what else do you wanna know?

Ladyqs4: Okay okay...tell me about your family.
Means4: (ahhhhh!!! finally some good qs , i love telling people about my family :).) Yeah, it is a big family..;) . I have four sisters..the eldest is Regional commissioner EPFO, my 2nd sis is practicing medicine in USA, then my 3rd sis is doing Phd from Mississippi, USA and my youngest sister is in final year MBBS from LHMC, delhi. My mother is a housewife and my father is scientist at DIPAS, DRDO.
( i know what the lady must have been thinking.."why is he applying for a call center job??"...)

ladyqs5: (suspicious now!) Hmmm ..Why do you wanna do this job?
Means5: Hey i think the job profile suits me to a T and there are lots of growth opportunities for me. ..(lolz ;))

ladyqs6: Where do you stay...?
Means6: (laughing...)Well most of the time in my home..;)
"(lolz from other side!!!!!!!!)...nooooo..hehe"
okee i mean it's R.K. Puram, New Delhi.>:D!!

ladyqs7: Okay..hmmm...Can you come for night shifts?
Means7: Hell no!!..i mean.. i can't because I don't have a conveyance..

"But that would b provided by us."
No i am sorry...security concerns...

"but even girls come for night shifts..."
buttt.. . (..wondering whether it was incentive or a fact...)...okay point noted..
i mean if i say..i m okay with that...is it gonna increase my chances of getting in..!!?

"well yes..then we can straight away take you!!!"
(enuf of it.....hufff...) ok i'll let you know.

"can i hv your cell plzzz."
I am afraid but..i don't have a cell..

"well you'll have now....ok give me your residence number..."
(...lolz..!!! or was it a trick question!) Hey... i think you called me on some number...that's the one!!!!!

" okay in a week's time i would let ya know...."
okay ...done..can i have your number please..?

" well it's ....#%#$%^&^#.."
Noooo i mean >:D...your perrrrsonaal number..

" (Lolz...) hey ...you can call me here. You'll find me at my desk only..."
okayyy...

" hey nice talking to you ..."
believe me !!! same here...

"byee"
okss ciao.

....

and so i really had some fun there, there were other qs too...but too many to mention... "Do you feel comfortable talking to the foreigners..." :| ..i can't talk in french, spanish, german, japanese...so generally NO!!! and i also don't spend much of my time at CP trying to get a word from the Goras ;)...so i told her...i haven't been to USA or UK...so I really can't rate myself for that... but it was a nice experience..you get to know the process that goes into the selection process and listening to the accent of the interviewer makes you feel proud that now it's us who are torturing the Britishers >:D....

adios and have a great day!!!!
love you all...( the feelings even more true for the girls ;)...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally something to write about. One of the best blogs which you ever wrote .. deserve a place in a top class sitcom....

Anonymous said...

One of the best blog on net...lol I had very good time reading it.
Blog more often( I Know I should say may inspiration hit you more often)...
Cheers
Dew Drop

shrewd santa said...

@anonymous: thanks for all the praise...and thznks for visiting...between i would love to know more about the anony bro :).

@dew drop:...somebdy plzzz spare me the blushes :D, ...neways thanks buddy..

shrewd santa said...

@kaul: abey ek naukri wale ...main rahunga toh ek main hi naa..:P

Anonymous said...

abe bahi unfortunately that "Anonymous" blogger is ME :) Noni

shrewd santa said...

oye ...tht's y i played a safe shot;)...neways..ifteh dew drop is cheena...tht will make my spirits go down really!!! ;) just japing ... thanks again..